Sunday, November 11, 2007

What make an effective learning classroom environment?



What make an effective learning classroom environment? Most of the people believed internet make a positive effective classroom learning environment. In another way, the small class is much more effective than large class for learning. I strongly believe that internet and small class make a positive effective learning classroom environment.

First of all, in recent years computers have become more useful to teachers and students because they have become faster and less expensive. Which is why computers can be found in most classrooms and can be useful to teachers and students. Many people feel that the time spent on computers could be spent on other things like one on one teaching or learning how to read and write. people don’t realize how effective a computer could be to a child’s education, and how computers can get students organized and willing to learn. In order to make computers more effective, teachers need to be trained on how to use computers, pick appropriate software, and get students involved in learning how to use the computer. For years, computers have been used in the classroom to help in the overall education of students. Since computers help so much, there needs to be a way to include the use of computers in a student’s everyday life.
Finally, during my past learning experiences, I have found myself in many different learning environments as in class size. When I was student in Korea, I studied in large classroom where it had fifty students in class. It looks like fifty dolls in the square box. It was very ineffective to learning environment. After several years later, When I first came to United Stated, I was very surprised because my classmate was just twelve. If I had a question in the classroom, I was asking the teacher directly and the teacher answered it with more specific detail. When I was in there, I felt more comfortable than the large classes.

In the end, I still believe that internet and small class make us feel more comfortable in the classroom. I think it gives us great opportunity to have better learning environment.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Jo,
How strange it must have been for you to go from a class of 50 students in Korea to 12 here in HWC. I'm glad you mentioned class size -- I think it's one of the most important aspects of a good class environment.